Tuesday 11 March 2014

Taming The Horde (spelling intentional)

So like most fiber users I have a stash. A stash that has grown and gotten messier until it organized itself in to a horde. I swear it did.

I was lying in bed one night and I could hear the silk whispering to the acrylic to give it more room. The acrylic complied because it was silk asking after all. But that meant the cotton had to give way. The bulky yarn wasn't giving up its comfortable home, so the cotton went after the baby yarn. There was much scrambling, pushing, shoving and even a few lines dropped over the edge to search for new homes. In the end my horde ended up like this....


Yes I am ashamed I let it get this bad. I should have sent them all to military school at a young age. So my first goal is to sort out this mess, corral the yarn that has run to other sections of the house just to avoid the conflict and get this under control. I have this beautiful rack that I picked up at an auction for $10 (score!!!) and I intend to put it to good use. Who rules this house, me or the yarn???? (Please let it be me.)

So rather than tackle everything at once, an overwhelming prospect if I've ever heard one, I've given myself the month of March to complete it. I'm starting with a mini horde, the outriders if you will.


With my trusty ball-winder, I'm going to whip these bad boys into tidy cakes, ready for stashing in a new, regimented hoard rather than horde.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Organizing one's stash is a process, but feels soooo satisfying once it's done!

    ReplyDelete